Executive Director and Finance Manager
Location of work
Quezon City, Philippines
Permanent with 6 months probation
Key Responsibilities and Expected Deliverables
· Maintain books of accounts of the organization and/or specific project.
1. Files and records all financial transactions (receipts and expenses) of the organization in the accounting system.
2. Review requests for payments, cash advances and liquidation receipts and ensures completeness and validity of required supporting documents
3. Prepares monthly bank reconciliation of all assigned bank accounts. Reviews and analyses General Ledger account balances on a monthly basis and prepares adjusting journal entries as necessary
4. Prepares and records month-end, year-end adjusting entries and recording of other journal entries.
5. Generates and submit monthly Financial Reports and provide comparative report of budget against actual for assigned project/s.
B. Budget Monitoring
1. Ensures that expenses are charged according to the organisation’s Annual Plan and aligned with project budget.
2. Monitors budget balances. Clears with appropriate approving officer any deviation and excess in the budget.
3. Supports the Finance Manager in preparation of Annual Budget.
4. Provides updated budget monitoring reports to the Finance Manager
C. Financial Report Generation
1. Monthly generates and submits the following reports to the Finance Manager due on agreed dates:
a. All books of accounts of the organization or assigned project
b. Trial balance for each project being handled.
c. Financial management costs generated from each project
d. Comparative expense monitoring report
e. Financial report of the assigned project
2. Support the Finance Manager in completion and submission of financial reports to donors
D. Internal Audit
1. Responsible in ensuring compliance with the organisation’s policies and procedures and the Philippine Financial Reporting Standards.
2. Ensures implementation of sufficient internal control system and procedures to safeguard the assets and other resources of the organization.
3. Supports the Finance Manager or relevant personnel in the submission of audit requirements for internal and external audit.
1. Performs other tasks incidental and necessary to the performance of duties and responsibilities of the position.
1. Accurate and timely recording of transactions in the accounting system on a regular basis.
2. Generation of accurate physical copies of Journal and Disbursement Vouchers
3. Preparation of Bank Reconciliation every first week of the following month
4. Timely generation of Trial Balance and Books of Accounts every 7th day Monday of the following month
5. Timely submission of system generated Financial Reports
6. Preparation and submission of required documents for internal and external audit
7. Submission of exemption report to document any deviation to standard policies and procedures.
Person specifications: experience, skills and knowledge
Required experience, skills and knowledge
· Graduate of any technical – vocational or university accountancy or finance course (Bookkeeping, B.S. Accountancy, Financial Management, etc.)
· Preferably with least one (1) year relevant experience in General Accounting and Bookkeeping: preparation of financial reports and handling bank transactions
· Preferably with at least one (1) year relevant experience in non-profit organizations.
· Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel and Word, Google Docs.
· Fresh graduates may apply
Desirable experience, skills and knowledge
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Team player
· Extremely flexible, working with a constant influx of information
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills
· Ability to concentrate/focus on details
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
· Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
· Knowledge in Quickbooks is preferred
· Understanding of and commitment to IBON International’s purpose and objectives.