IBON International Executive Director , Finance Manager
Location of work
Quezon City, Philippines
Permanent position with 5 months probation
· Responsible for the review and maintenance of all financial record of the organisation and assigned project.
· Review request for payments, cash advances, liquidation to ensure completeness and validity of required supporting documents
· Ensure the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation of the organisation’s accounts. Review account balances for accuracy.
· Review recorded journal entries and recommend adjusting entries as necessary.
· Prepare monthly financial reports and comparative report of budget versus actual for assigned projects.
· Ensure accurate and timely finance reports for the management, donors and government agencies.
B. Project Finance
· Leads project financial planning for assigned projects, including development of proposals, budgeting, development and drafting of contracts, and monitoring contractual compliance and progress, all in accordance with organisational and Donors’ policies and procedures.
· Responsible for operational and financial administration of projects as assigned. Identifies and communicates major funding gaps and recommends best working solutions.
· Ensures all agreements with partners, 3rd party contracts and payments for projects in charged are processed in a timely manner in accordance with organisation policies and procedures.
· Responsible for cash flow management of assigned projects
· Monitors and reconciles funding awards and designated project bank accounts as required.
· Liaises with donors on project financial management as and when required.
· Ensures adequate cost recovery from restricted funding for assigned projects.
C. Budget Monitoring and Fund Management
· Prepare annual project budget against multi-year budget as assigned.
· Review proposed partner budget and endorse to the Project Officer/Manager and Finance Manager
· Ensure that expenses are charged according to the organisation’s Annual Plan and aligned with Project budget.
· Ensure all project related and office expenditure is properly accounted
· Prepare invoice claim and acknowledge receipt of contributions and grants received
· Provide updated budget montiroing reports to the Finance Manager
· Develop and maintain project finance monitoring spreadsheet and ensure expenditure is monitored effectively against budget
· Responsible for timely cash disbursement of office expenses and other disbursements
· Ensure compliance with the organisation’s policies and donor audit and procurement rules
D. Finance Control and Audit
· Planning, organisation and execution of the statutory requirements and audit process for assigned project
· To ensure the implementation of IBON International’s policies including gender and diversity policies in all aspects of finance policy and practice.
· Responsible in ensuring compliance with the organisation’s policies and procedures and the Philippine Financial Reporting Standards.
· Ensures implementation of sufficient internal control system and procedures to safeguard the assets and other resources of the organization.
· Supports the Finance Manager or relevant personnel in the submission of audit requirements for internal and external audit.
· Participate effectively in team meetings sharing financial updates
· Provide necessary support to the Program Team on project related financial matters. Assist the staff in responding to ad-hoc financial requests from Executive Director or donors as necessary.
· Provide support by undertaking any other additional functions as delegated that will further the work of the Finance Team
· Provide basic financial management training and financial capacity building support to staff. Provide orientation to staff to help them understand organisation administration systems, policies and procedures when required.
· Performs other tasks incidental and necessary to the performance of duties and responsibilities of the position.
Person specifications: experience, skills and knowledge
Required experience, skills and knowledge
· Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant
· Bachelor’s degree holder in appropriate subjet (business, finance, economics, accounting)
· Minimum five years of financial, project management, and/or accounting experience within an international organization with complex donor requirements or multinational company.
Required Skills and Competencies
· Developed financial management/accounting skills are essential.
· Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
· Able to work with multiple demands.
· Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and adaptive planning skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a small team and to work collaboratively with non-government organisations worldwide
· Well-developed coordination skills within and across the team
· Advanced IT skills, particularly knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Quickbooks experience would also be a strong asset;
· Ability to implement IBON International’s financial policy and procedures
· Ability to use judgement on routine functions, and work with minimal supervision
· Ability to prioritise own workload, to work independently and to work to meet deadlines.
· Diplomacy, negotiation and good interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of priorities.
· Commitment to IBON International’s purpose and objectives
Desirable experience, skills and knowledge
· Managing projects with multiple donors and implemented in multiple countries
· Working knowledge of French or Spanish