- 10 Download
- 0.00 KB File Size
- 1 File Count
- February 13, 2015 Create Date
- February 19, 2020 Last Updated
Achieving sustainable development entails a global transition—away from prevailing inequitable and ecologically destabilizing patterns of development, to modes of development based on shared prosperity and environmental protection. Global governance plays a crucial role in this shift.
This policy brief from IBON International argues that the general thrust of reforming sustainable development governance should be towards greater democratization and strengthening people’s rights. A reformed institutional framework for sustainable development (IFSD) following a rights-based approach should help:
- Redefine the goal of governance
- Address power imbalances
- Address social and economic inequities
- Bridge implementation and accountability gaps
- Enhance policy integration and coherence
We hope that the analysis and recommendations presented in this brief helps enrich the discussions on the IFSD towards Rio+20.
Kindly send your feedback to
|IBON Susdev Gov policy brief||Download|